This is my favourite breakfast. When served with runny eggs, toast and sausages, it is simply superb. Makes me want to get up in the morning.
Button mushrooms (200 gms) – wash and dry them propery
A generous helping of butter (Amul butter works just fine since it is already salty and you dont need to add more salt)
Garlic (6-8 cloves from a pod) – finely chopped
Onion (1 medium sized) – finely sliced
Chilli flakes (as per taste)
1. Saute the onions in the butter till they turn transparent
2. Add the garlic to this and saute them for a while till they turn light brown
3. Throw in the mushrooms – each split into two
4. Allow them to cook for a while
5. Add chilli flakes to this
6. Allow it to cook till all the water from the mushrooms evaporates or very little water remains
Add a dash of coriander when serving.
Serve hot with eggs, sausages and toast.
Since i did not have a reference for a picture of the mushrooms here is a link with an alternative recipe http://casaveneracion.com/butter-garlic-mushrooms/