Are you caught up between your desire to lay a few more minutes on the bed and the inclination to cook up an elaborate lunch? Well, here is a meal which you can prepare in a jiffy and can be called a ‘good lunch’. This is one dish that can be made when you have mutton mince ready at home and basicingredients stocked up in your spice cupboard.
Just ensure you have thawed the mince in advance and then you will need just half an hour to prepare this delectable dish.
Spiced mutton mince: Serves 4
½ kg mutton mince
3 medium-sized onions
3 green chillies
1 inch ginger
3 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp garam masala
2 medium-sized potatoes
2 tbsp oil
A handful of fresh green peas
Juice from one small lemon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil in a non stick vessel . Add finely cut onions and fry till they become transparent.
2. Add the washed mutton mince and cooked it.
3. Add chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and stir well till it mixes well into the meat.
4. Now add chopped potatoes, green peas, chillies and minced ginger.
5. Add salt as per taste and stir well.
6. Cook till the peas and potatoes are done. Stir regularly to prevent the mince from sticking or burning, since we do not add water to this.
7. Add lemon juice and garnish with finely cut coriander.
8. Serve with hot chapattis.
Tip: Any leftovers can be kept for making some amazing kheema cutlets. Just add some bread crumbs to this. Make medium-sized balls, dip them in a beaten egg and shallow fry the flattened cutlets.